Which watch should I buy? 8 Steps to Find the Perfect Watch
Do you want to buy a watch online but you’re not sure what to buy? It can be tricky to buy watches online for a number of reasons. Perhaps you’re not sure how the watch will look on you, or maybe you don’t even know what kind of what you need.
Did you start out by asking “which watch should I buy?” This question has as many answers as there are watches in the world. If this is the case, here are a few simple ways to help you choose the buy the best watch online for your needs.
One of the easiest places to start is by doing a regular image search for watches. From there, you save the images of the ones you like, but don’t just leave it at that. Try to figure out what specific things you like about each watch, and then narrow it down from there.
1. What Features do You Need?
Even if you’ve never bought a watch before, you probably have a few key features that you think your watch should have. Do you need a watch with a date? Do you want it to be waterproof? Do you need it to glow in the dark? Make a note of these features and list them down.
2. What is the Watch for?
3. How do you want your watch to look?After answering the above questions, it will be easier to move forward with the next steps. Choosing the right watch is a personal decision, so try to base your answers on what you like rather than others’ opinions.
4. Watch Movement: Mechanical or Quartz?Each of these has its own benefits, so it’s best to decide which features you need. Quartz watches are more accurate, and maintenance cost is relatively low – only the cost of battery replacement every year or so. Mechanical watches may not need batteries, but they may require other maintenance to keep them working well. Mechanical watches are also generally more expensive than quartz watches, as they are more complex.
5. Watch Dial: Analog or Digital?
This is a pretty self-explanatory question, but knowing the answer can help you move on to the next step. Of course if you choose digital, it would nullify your previous answer. :D
6. Watch Face: Round or Rectangular?
Have a look at images of both to see which you think suits your style and personality.
7. Watch Strap: Leather or Metal?
8. Strap Width? How many mm is right?
Some people prefer wider watch straps with large faces, while others prefer more narrow and dainty straps. Strap width is commonly between 12mm and 24 mm.
Once you have an answer to each of those questions, you would probably have a much better idea of exactly what kind of watch you are looking for.
Happy watch shopping!